As we all know, there are some weird laws that follow us around the United States. Some of them were introduced such a long time ago, that we can’t remember the last time they were even enforced! But amid all of the seriousness of law practice, there are a number of laws that we can always look back on and smile a bit — as long as we don’t get caught breaking them!
- It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church. — Alabama
- A frog that dies during a frog-jumping contest cannot legally be eaten. — California
- It is illegal to ride a horse under the influence. — Colorado
- A pickle cannot be legally considered a pickle unless it bounces. — Connecticut
- It is illegal to give your sweetheart a box of chocolate weighing more than 50lbs — Idaho
- You can be fined $500 for sending a pizza order to someone’s house without them knowing about it. — Louisiana
- It is a violation to be in a public park with a sleeveless shirt. — Maryland
- It is illegal to keep christmas decorations up after January 14th. — Maine
- A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his/her head. — Minnesota
- It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season. — New Jersey
- Slippers are not to be worn after 10pm. — New York
- It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on. — North Dakota
While some of these laws are likely not being enforced today, there are laws that surround us each day that must be followed. Should you need the help of a qualified attorney, make sure you’re in contact with the team at GNPCV for anything that you may need representation for!
Founded in 2000, Gaines, Novick, Ponzini, Cossu & Venditti, LLP brings together a group of highly qualified attorneys focused on serving the legal needs of individuals, businesses and municipalities throughout New York, Connecticut and the surrounding areas.
For appellate cases, we have a number of attorneys that specialize in the specific fields you may be looking for. To learn more about our firm, please click here to see a summary of our practice areas, or contact us at 914-288-9595 or by filling out this online form today.