A personal injury lawsuit is typically a lengthy process. If you’ve been involved in an incident which warrants a possible lawsuit, it’s best to hire an attorney and prepare for the process as best as you can. Here are a few things you can expect.
- The first thing that anyone should do after an accident is receive medical treatment. If you are hurt, not only is this the right choice for your health, but it can also play a role in the outcome of your personal injury case.
- During your initial meeting with an attorney, you will discuss your injury and what you can expect.
- Your attorney will assist in helping you fill out the proper paperwork, making the process easy for you. This may be required documentation surrounding motions that are typically at the beginning of a trial.
- At this point, your attorney may discuss with the other party to establish the facts surrounding the case which will be used to come to a resolution.
- Oftentimes, there are settlements prior to the trial. If you are seeking compensation, smaller injury claims can typically be settled before a lawsuit is filed.
- If a trial is necessary, your attorney will work with you to make the process go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Rest assure that they are professionals and will know how to work with you and the courts during the trial.
If you’re thinking about pursuing legal action pertaining to a personal injury, it is best to meet with an attorney who is experienced in the field and discuss your options. A demand letter is a great place to start.
Founded in 2000, Gaines, Novick, Ponzini, Cossu & Venditti, LLP brings together a group of highly qualified attorneys focused on serving the legal needs of individuals, businesses and municipalities throughout New York, Connecticut and the surrounding areas. To learn more about our firm, please click here to see a summary of our practice areas, or contact us at 914-288-9595 or by filling out this online form today.